Founded in 2007 by Lindsey, Phil and Marilyn Knight, Competitive Rider helps equestrians of all disciplines become more confident, successful competitors.
We do this mostly by focusing on five aspects of rider development we feel need a great deal more attention:
- Taking your riding skills to a much higher level than you can through rote learning of riding techniques (developing greater understanding and intuition so that you can perform at a higher level)
- Building the inner strength you need to set higher goals, take on greater challenges, compete fearlessly, perform your best and rebound from setbacks
- Accelerating your development through improved training productivity
- Improving your ability to achieve peak performance in the show ring
- Improving your knowledge of horses, horse training and horse care
In the end, what you’ll find here is a decidedly different approach to becoming a more successful competitive rider, riding instructor, horse trainer or youth-rider parent.
It’s one that reaches beyond the limits of conventional instruction and sport psychology and gets right to the heart of what can help you become all you can be.
Our New Website
In 2009, we developed and launched this new website in order to make it easier for you to access our expertise.
Now, we’re expanding it to provide much more comprehensive support, including access to the expertise and insights of the most successful professionals in each major show circuit.
We invite you to come back periodically and discover new ways to become a more confident, successful competitor, instructor, horse trainer or youth-rider parent.