Jeremy Gates, NRHA World Champion,
Reining competition demands a lot of horses and riders, and there’s no question that spinning and stopping are particularly exciting elements of any reining pattern. However, there’s perhaps nothing more fundamental to success in the reining pen than executing circles with precision. That’s why Jeremy has chosen to focus on helping you improve your circles in this video.
What You’ll Learn
This lesson will show you how to:
• Improve your lead departures for circling
• Make sure you ride to your markers
• Improve your ability to guide your horse while circling
• Achieve better speed control and speed transitions
• Enhance your performance with steering and counter-canter exercises
These are the kinds of improvements that can provide a strong foundation for success in reining.
Length: 17 minutes
File size: 211/256 MB
Download: 4 minutes
If you’re concerned your computer won’t play the file you want, you can try out our test videos first. Click this link to access them.
If you’d like to see Jeremy teaching a lesson first, try viewing this free tip. It focuses on preparing for a reining competition.
Length: 3:38 minutes
File size: 43/55 MB
Download: 1 minute